Monday, August 15

Way too hot!

I was FINALLY able to fly out to Mesa and see Tyson after 2 weeks without him! I don't know how (loyal) missionary girlfriends, army wives, etc go years without their guys; I was going nuts after a few days.

Thankfully the flight to Phoenix is only a little over an hour so leaving at lunch on a Friday and coming back Sunday night makes for a nice weekend getaway.

I was lucky enough to see Tyson's first game! He's a starter at the J.C. and did AMAZING! I haven't really had the chance to see him play in a real game against another school so it was a fun experience.

I wish I would have filmed his sack in the first quarter but I only got a picture right before.
#83 long white socks :) 

I really am so proud of him for giving it a last chance to do what he really wants to do. The separation has been really hard on us. He's out there all alone without anyone he knows, and I'm living in our apartment alone. It's really tough but I know it'll make us appreciate our time together so much more.
**If you try calling or texting us when we're together, don't plan on us answering cuz we're doing a "no cell phone" rule - it's amazing how much time people waste sitting in the same room as someone but totally zoned out playing on their phones.

I was able to meet and thank the people that have been letting Tyson stay with them; they're such great people. I was also able to meet Coach Croshaw and thank him for all he's done and for offering to drive Tyson to St. George with him every once in a while so we can see each other more. Coach Croshaw really is such a great guy and very understanding of how hard our situation is. "I feel like a child molester taking him away 2 months after you got married." hahaha Croshaw is an old crazy funny man :).

Tyson is surrounded by great people there everyday, but I know he misses his wifey and I miss my hubby more than I thought I ever would. Such a great weekend (minus the 110 degree weather everyday), I only wish I would have taken more pictures!
Dropping me off at the airport 
Love you Tys! See you in St. Geezy this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the video is small and not that great of quality - i'll work on those skills next time :)

    ReplyDelete