Thursday, August 4

Are You Insane?!

Well, I thought I would just make a quick post to update on what's goin on around here.

Tyson left for Mesa, AZ on Sunday. His plan is to play football at the J.C. down there and hopefully get a scholarship to a D1 school. Things are really rough in the football world if you don't have a scholarship; walk-ons are lucky if they get to see the field at all.
At a Junior College, you can only play football your Freshman and Sophomore years; Tyson is a sophomore in football so it's his last chance to make it or break it. If there is no scholarship with his name on it come December, we're callin' it good and gonna move on like a normal married couple for once lol. The stress really can be too much sometimes, and you have to take a step back and think what's really worth it in the end.
It's been really hard already being away from him and it's only Thursday! But I have a flight booked to see him next Friday for the weekend to catch his first camp game.

You're probably thinking I'm crazy for not going right? "Is she insane?! She didn't go with him to Powell for a week and now this?!"  Well, we both decided it was best that I stay and keep things stable here while he figures out his football situation there. It wouldn't have been wise to leave my amazing job that pays so well and has great benefits for something so temporary as 4 months at a lower paying job and not knowing if this will all even work out for him (sending us back home in the end).  
I fully support Tyson in his dreams 110%; if I didn't support him, I wouldn't have even let him go to Mesa. And as hard as this has been, it'll be good for us at the end of this football road.


 Well, there ya go. Finally an update. Wish Tyson good luck in camp - they have two team cuts during camp to widdle it down to the best; I always pray for him to do his best in all he does (football related or not that's all that matters to me).

So much going on that I can't predict or control; and if you know me, it hasn't been sitting well lol. But I've been learning to make the best of what I have and stay positive for Tyson; that's all he needs right now is his wife there to make him feel comforted at the end of the day, hundreds of miles away while he's all alone.

Love and miss you Tys

No comments:

Post a Comment